Thursday, March 19, 2009

Brewery #11: Diamond Knot


Diamond Knot wasn't anything special. We made about 5 U-turns trying to find the place, which is right on the water in Mukilteo. I'm not sure if it was where we were sitting or if it was because we went to this brewery right after Scuttlebutt, but I really wasn't impressed with this place at all. The service was really slow and the food wasn't anything to write home about. The sampler only had 4 beers in it so I didn't get to try a good range of their flavors. The bar seemed like it had potential if we hadn't had to scrunch around a tiny table in the back and Kelsey and Lacey hadn't waited for 30 minutes just to get a quesadilla.

The four beers that I had were actually pretty good with one exception. I would totally by this beer again, especially if it was from a different bar.

Hefeweizen (2.5)
This is a cloudy hef with a rather off-putting taste. It was very sour and really could've used a little more citrus flavor. This one was a flop.

Golden Ale (4)
Light and refreshing. Great, crisp taste that I really enjoyed.

Possession Porter (4)
This porter had a really great chocolate flavor. The blurb about it on the menu said they used flaked barley as one of the ingredients. I've never heard of this before but it made for a great flavor and it's worth researching.

Lighthouse Ale (4)
This beer can best be described as a thick, light ale. It had a good, rich flavor and I thought it was delicious.

So that's it for the beer. Short and simple this time. I give the beer a 4 at this place and the atmosphere and food a 2 for an overall of 6. I think I'll try this brewery again in the summer and see if it leaves a better impression. The beer is definitely good enough to not give up on the brewery just yet.

0 comments: